Packing my diaper bag for our first outing with Will was so terrifying – what did I need? What if I forgot something? Of course, it always turns out just fine, but it’s helpful to see what others have in their diaper bag to help pack your own!
Note: This post contains affiliate links
Diaper Bag | Freshly Picked Classic Diaper Bag
This diaper bag is perfect for on to go! Before I got pregnant I always loved Freshly Picked mocs on babies and my cousin introduced me to their diaper bag. I always said when I had a baby – I would have to have one! Shortly after getting pregnant, I went ahead and ordered one and it waited impatiently for Will’s arrival. It has tons of storage on the inside, is really easy to pack, and can be worn three ways as either a backpack, crossbody or purse.
I also bought the Classic Zip Pouch to put my wallet and “mom” essentials in which also fits inside the diaper bag!
I’m a member of The Fringe on Freshly Picks website which for $10 a month gets you $10 of credit that rolls over month over month, 20% off everything on the site always and VIP access to new releases. The savings are totally worth it – I bought my diaper bag for $140 instead of the retail $175! You can join the Fringe using my code FMOLaraO and you can get an extra $10 of credit!
So, What’s in the Diaper Bag?
- An extra change of clothes – I like to make sure I have a sleeper and a white onesie in my bag at all times. You never know when you might need an extra change of clothes! Having both a onesie and a sleeper guarantees that regardless of the weather you’re covered. Items Pictured – Kissy Kissy Classic Sleeper and Gap Baby Bodysuit
- Blanket – It’s sometimes cold inside or you want to put the baby down on the floor so having a blanket makes sure you’re prepared. Item Pictured – Kissy Kissy Blanket (similar)
- Bibs and Extra Formula – My little guy loves to spit up, so a bib is necessary! I pack two just in case one gets totally soaked (highly possible). I also make sure I pack at least 2 packets of formula and one bottle with distilled water. That way in case we’re out longer than expected I have an extra bottle to feed him. Items Pictured – Monica and Andy Bib, Gap Baby Terrycloth Bib, Enfamil Neuropro Single Serve Packets.
- Diaper Essentials – We use Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Pure wipes and I always make sure I have at least 1 diaper for every hour that we’ll be out. Generally, I keep about 5 diapers in my bag at all times. I keep a full package of wipes in my bag as well. When it starts to get low, I just throw an extra one in my car so I have it just in case. I also LOVE these Sassy Bags – they’re perfect for throwing dirty diapers in. They completely block the odor so I don’t feel bad throwing out the dirty diaper then. Finally, gotta have a changing pad. I just use the one that came in my diaper bag. Items Pictured – Pampers Swaddlers, Pampers Pure Wipes, Sassy Bags
- Binkys – We love the Ryan and Rose Cutiepats so we keep a handful of those in our diaper bag. I also always have a Cutie Clip so I can clip it on him when we’re out – there’s nothing worse than holding a baby who keeps dropping a pacifier onto the floor of a public place…. Items Pictured – Ryan and Rose Cutie Pat Stage 1 Round in White and Blue Available on Amazon or on RyanandRose.co, Ryan and Rose Olivia Cutie Clip in Heron Other Versions available on Amazon or This One available on RyanandRose.co
- Burp Cloths – I always make sure I have tons of burp cloths all around. Will spits up all the time so we need them at the ready. I have his “nice” burp cloths and then his normal ones. We usually have some of each for every outing. We use Gerber Cloth Diapers which are perfect for catching spit up. I also bought these monogrammed ones from Etsy here.
Did I miss anything? What else is in your diaper bag?